07 December 2007

Poetry anyone?

I don't claim to be a poet, or good at writing poetry, but I have a few pieces I put down on paper that I would like to share. If you have any comments, good or bad, I would like to know.

My struggle

I had lost all ambition
Motivation was fading fast
I remembered having plans and goals
but that was all in the past

Couldn't afford to go to college
didn't qualify for financial aid
missed out on all the scholarships
because I didn't make the grade

now I'm struggling early in life
trying to make ends meet
living paycheck by paycheck
week after week

I felt like the whole world was against me
making it harder for me to survive
if it wasn't for those who love me
right now - I wouldn't be alive

but I'm thankful that I'm still around
to learn from my mistakes
and I look forward to the day
that I finally get a break

I hope it comes soon though
I feel I'm being put to the test
I'm just so damn tired
I want to take a rest

But I've got to keep my head up
do something about the bad mood
try to see the good in all that happens
and keep a positive attitude

so if I go off at the mouth
you've got to keep reminding me
that I made a promise to myself
to strive for a better "me"!

1 comment:

MelissaQ said...

I like it! I knew you could do it, you just needed a little inspiration to get that writer out of you.